DSI Delivers Upgraded Data Center and Armory for the City of Chico Police Department
The City of Chico Police Department, with 140 full-time employees and 100 police volunteers responsible for protecting the town of almost 100,000, needed to upgrade their existing Data Center to continue to protect critical dispatch and life safety response operations. They needed to ensure that the upgraded Data Center was wired for a future redundant UPS and to make room for additional server cabinets as they grow.
DSI worked with the head of their IT department for this replacement project, which included a site assessment to understand the current state of the Data Center—including current electrical load, and the state of existing cabling and ductwork; as well as projecting future load requirements. Additionally, this was required to ensure the proposed new UPS would be large enough to meet their needs now and in the future.
DSI addressed their needs:
• Upgraded the existing Data Center to accommodate for the future redundant UPS
• Created room for 4 additional cabinets
• Created a separate space to house non-Data Center uses which had been taking place in the space
• Installed a feeder to a new UPS supported electrical panel
• Installed a new Starline Track Busway
• Installed a new EPO System
• Installed a new Novec clean agent fire detection / suppression system for the Data Center
DSI was able to deliver on all the police department’s objectives, during the COVID-19 pandemic (following all safety guidelines while on-site), while maintaining 100% uptime for the Data Center during the work. This new infrastructure is ready for expansion as the needs of the department change.