Design/Rebuild | Brea, CA
Data Specialties Inc. was selected from stiff competition to complete the second major project for a California-based insurance company. The Scope of this project was to design/build and construct a new 2 floor building to house UPS and critical switchgear; the project encompassed the following:
- CONSTRUCT A NEW 2 STORY UPS BUILDING AND SECOND FLOOR ADDITION
- SITE CONSTRUCTION WORK REQUIRED TO PROVIDE ELECTRICAL FROM THE MAIN ELECTRICAL SERVICE/GENERATOR TO THE NEW UPS STRUCTURE.
- INSTALL NEW ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION EQUIPMENT
- 750 KVA, UPS, BATTERY AND MAINTENANCE BYPASS SWITCH
- RPP AND POWER CABLES
- NEW 10 TON HVAC SYSTEM FOR UPS ROOM (SINGLE UNIT)
- TRANSFER (1) PDU AND (4) CRAC UNITS TO “B” SOURCE OF POWER
- EMERGENCY POWER OFF MODIFICATIONS
- FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY SYSTEM FOR NEW UPS STRUCTURE AND SECOND FLOOR ADDITION
- COMMISSIONING, TRAINING, LOAD SHED TESTING, ETC.